The Great Trial: Halloween is a one-page adventure for four 1st-level characters. It consists of a short dungeon designed specifically to challenge novice adventures. It’s focused on the exploration and combat pillars, having only three social opportunities.
The Great Trial
I released the first module back in February and in September, I released its sequel: The Great Trial Frostbite.
These adventures are meant to test the players and their characters and take them to the edge of their skills.
Aenor Gleenwith, a powerful elven mage, started to build the first Trial after realizing that he hadn’t left his mark in this world. He wanted to enter the hall of legends besides Acererak and Halaster, so he used more experienced adventurers, often capturing them, to test the Trials for him.
This time, he wanted something for beginners, and so this Trial crypt was born.
A 1st-level dungeon for 4 players that should take 3 to 4 hours to run. It contains combat, traps, and simple puzzles. You will find:
- A high quality PNG file with the adventure containing:
- The DM version of the map
- Guidelines on how to run it
- Mechanical descriptions of all rooms
- Summarized background and endings
- 7 High Quality maps:
- DM version (30×40 sq)
- Player version (30×40 sq)
- Player version – Gridless
- Player version – Light (30×40 sq)
- Player version – Gridless Light
- Player version – Dark Light (30×40 sq)
- Player version – Gridless Dark Light
Is your group up to this Challenge? Go find out!
Like my work?
If you would like to be notified of future releases, flag the checkbox on your left to follow me on the DM’s Guild. Would you also like to get a FREE gift? Check the file in the product for my mailing list, as I cannot post the link here.