This campaign module has been under production since early 2021 and will bring you a bit more of the Forgotten Realms for 5e… But outside of the Sword Coast! This product will explore the Old Empires, focusing on Chessenta. You’ll get access to a gazetteer for that region, as well as for a couple of settlements, besides the main attraction: the campaign that will take your party from 1st level to 10th level.
Chessenta’s Tyranny is about Shala Karanok, the war hero who defeated the evil dragon Tchazzar and decided to put an end to the endless internal conflicts that have ravaged Chessenta for centuries. Before she ended the wars that the Chessentan city-states waged off and on against one another, she gave them a last war, this time against an external enemy: the realm of Unther. She struck them after they were weakened from a Tymanther attack and conquered the nation.
She then started implementing her actions to bring peace to Chessenta once and for all. However, she ended up becoming a tyrant herself, as she would do anything to ensure that her ideas and plans would be executed. After over a decade of her draconian measures, the people now suffer under high taxes, a slight hint of hunger, and the confiscation of all their weapons . All these actions were enforced by strict laws and severe punishment.
The party will have a chance to start a rebellion to rise against this tyranny, though they will find out at the very end that a greater evil threatens the nation. Will they side with Shala to defeat this threat?
Find below more information on the project.
I’m the Project Manager, Cartographer, and also one of the Writers. The project also includes two other writers, as well as other contributors:
- Beatriz T Dias: she has worked on several DMsGuild products, including Mask of Theros.
- Priscilla Lagares: she worked on the Cities of Myth: Atlantis Kickstarter and is bringing important insights based on the Griffon novels.
- Rachel Savicki: the editor of this project, Rachel is making sure the text is of the best quality possible.
- Steve Filder: he is the talent layout artist, which will bring the whole thing to life with awesome visuals.
- Mike Zairos: all the commissioned art for this project are from this great artist.
Check out some of the other art we got from Mike, so far.
Shala Karanok, the War Hero
Chariss, the party’s mentor
Zahala the Merciless
Malaggar T’sazza, leader of the former Silence of the Night thieve’s guild
Maerth’s Lord Balashi-Nirah
Skuld, Mulhorand’s capital
Currently, chapters 1, 2, 3, and 5 are finished, with chapters 4 and 6 in progress.
Chapters 4 & 5 are being playtested and editing is finished for chapters 1–3, moving to layout soon.
Chapters 1–3 are the introduction and gazetteer chapters, while chapters 4–6 are the campaign itself.
A few more cool things about Chessenta’s Tyranny you should know:
- The campaign will be streamed by Phoenix Iwaki, starting October 2021! Check this great teaser.
- Across the Realms Patreon has partnered with us and the project will count with some minis. More information on how to acquire them can be found in this page. You’ll also find a video and some pictures of the minis.
Here’s a peek at the labor camp map for chapter 4, showing the previous version (right) from earlier this year to this week’s version (left).
Sign-Up for Updates + Discount
While this product is set to release towards the end of the year, you can sign up to my mailing list to get updates from time to time as well as getting a discount once it’s out! Sign up in the “Get a FREE Map Pack NOW!” below and get access to lots of content besides Chessenta’s Tyranny stuff 🙂